The Bunker Games: Where Sam hates his life
(That’s binary for “ur dumb” by the way)
Zap2it: Where do we find Castiel at the start of Season 10?
Misha Collins: We find Castiel beginning to try to help with the Dean-as-a-demon problem. But he will also be trying to grapple with his own issues because of his fading grace. Castiel is running on stolen angel grace and it’s fading, which means he’s getting weaker and weaker. His life force is draining out. Those are the two big issues that Castiel is confronted with when we find him in the beginning of Season 10.
Last week you tweeted a photo of you looking pretty beat up and bloody. Is Castiel’s fading grace going to be taking a physical toll on him?
Yikes. Even though you’re a series regular, should we be worried that this could be the end of Castiel?
Yes, you should be worried … Isn’t that a good tease? No, Castiel is not going to be dying in the beginning of the season or any of the scripts or stories that I have seen outlined in the first half of the season. To my knowledge, this won’t mean his expiration. But he is getting closer and closer to expiration and weaker and weaker, and less and less of his angel powers are at his disposal.
How will Castiel react to finding out that Dean is a demon, and how will that affect their friendship?
It’s definitely driving a very, very large wedge between the two of them. I think that Castiel really doesn’t see Demon Dean as Dean. He sees him as a monster that, one way or another, needs to go.
Jeremy Carver recently told me that Dean and Crowley are going to get closer as a result of Dean being a demon, so how is Castiel going to feel about that new relationship?
That’s a good question. I can tell you that Cas isn’t really a fan of Dean becoming a demon. [laughs] And by extension, his fraternizing with Crowley. I think that Castiel’s relationship with Crowley is certainly pretty strained. That said, everybody on the show has made deals with the devil, so to speak, over the years. Castiel is definitely conflicted about the character of Crowley. Can I just leave it at, “It’s complicated”?
Sure, that sounds like a good summation. Near the end of last season, Castiel’s storyline was separate from Sam and Dean’s. Will that continue in the beginning of Season 10 or will we see them join up again?
The storylines are going to be interwoven, but there’s also going to be a strong, independent storyline for Castiel in Season 10. I think that that’s actually true of all of the characters in the show. They all have their own, distinct arcs that are not necessarily interdependent [with] the other arcs. It’s a very much more, I would say, personal season than seasons of the past. It feels like we’re dealing less with the massive, epic stories of heaven and hell and more with the personal stories of the characters that we’ve all come to know and love on the show. Those personal stories, each character will have his own storyline.
Do you enjoy it more when you get to play that more personal side of Castiel, or do you enjoy it more when it’s the big, epic storylines where everyone is together?
I think that they both have their merits. My favorite is when those two are happening concurrently on the show. I think that’s something that the show does a pretty good job of keeping us grounded in personal storylines. I think that’s why the show has been so successful and has lasted for 10 seasons. At its core, it’s this story of two brothers that are dealing with family issues that we can all relate to, and at the same time, they’re dealing with epic mythology. The fusion of those two scales of storytelling is really compelling and keeps us engaged. I think if we were just watching a show that was about angels and demons and ghouls and goblins and didn’t have that personal, relatable, character story to ground it in, the audience would have left a long time ago.
Speaking of how long the show has lasted, I’m so excited for the 200th episode this season now that Jeremy announced it’s going to be “musical-ish.” Any chance we’ll get to see you sing in the episode?
I have yet to see the script for the 200th episode, but I do know that Jeremy has said that it’s “musical-ish.” And I do know the fans have long been clamoring for a “musical-ish” episode. So I can’t wait to read the script and find out exactly what I’ll be doing.
How does it feel knowing that “Supernatural” has reached a milestone like 200 episodes? Not many shows can say they’ve made it that far.
It’s kind of surreal. You’re right, not many shows at all can brag that they’ve made it that far. We were calculating recently and I think it’s something like 20 television dramas of all time have made it that far. It’s really amazing. I started working on the show in the first episode of Season 4, and I, as a rational human being, thought, “Well, this is probably pretty close to the end of the series. It maybe has another year left in it.” That’s typical of reasonably successful shows. They’ll go to five seasons and maybe make it to 100 episodes, then they get syndicated and peter out. I don’t think any of us imagined in Season 4 or Season 5 that we were going to make it to Season 10 and 200 episodes. I think that we’re all really happy to have had this long run. It’s really gratifying.
What are you most excited for fans to see from Season 10?
I think that Season 10 has the potential of being a very emotionally impactful season and I think that the show is really getting to its roots of being very character-driven and about personal character struggles. I’m excited about that.
DAN: When you do interviews, you’re faced with the choice to either be the most boring person on earth or just get ridiculous things written about you from time to time
JOSH HOROWITZ: Sometimes it might be good to be boring
DAN: It might be but I just get bored of myself
[Happy 25th Birthday Daniel Radcliffe! (23 July 1989)]
Okay, everyone’s taking a crack at this, so here are my theories so far. These aren’t in order of likelihood, just in the order I thought them up, and then categorised according to motive (or lack of one).
- Lydia is the common factor. Allison and Aiden are people’s she’s lost, so the third could be Jackson, or could possibly introduce a dead/missing banshee family member like her sister.
- The names start with ‘A’ and were murdered for supernatural reasons in BH. Adrian Harris, maybe.
- It symbolises the three-fold war: Allison = hunters, Aiden = werewolves, Jennifer = emissaries.
- It’s about Nogi’s victims. Rhys, Barrow or Stiles are the most likely third key.
Some motive (but full of holes)
- Deaton or Morrell are the Benefactor to “restore the balance”. Allison and Aiden were involved in the supernatural and changed sides, therefore disrupting the balance. Someone else who has changed sides will be the final key — it could be Stiles (due to Nogi).
- Danny could either be the Benefactor, or more likely, have been abducted and forced to work for the Benefactor. The names being used are either his “vengeance for these people” list, or his “please help me” code to Lydia. Jackson or Matt are the obvious contenders.
- Gerard has gone back to hunting, and has thrown the code right out the window. The names are for Scott, because this is in part for revenge due to the botched bite, and secondarily for Allison. Allison was Scott’s love, Aiden part of his pack (at least from the outside looking in). Kira is the obvious final key, as a threat.
- Victoria. She’s not dead, and this is directed at both Derek (hence the Hale money) and Scott in vengeance for Allison. She blames Derek for stopping her from killing Scott, blames Scott for Allison’s death, and names Aiden because she think he was pack (again, it looks like it from the outside) and his death shows Scott up as a careless alpha. Kira, Scott or Derek are contenders as the final key.
- It’s a threat aimed at the McCall pack. Allison and Aiden are both dead, and presumed to be members of the pack. The third name will be someone still alive, with the implication they’ll die soon (they might be on the list as well as the key). Stiles, Kira, Scott, Melissa.
- Jennifer isn’t dead. She is taking another crack at revenge, this time getting other people to do her dirty work. Allison and Aiden’s names were chosen to instil fear, and show she’s been watching. Kali and Stiles are very likely as the key, but also Derek and Scott.
- Liam’s step-dad is the Benefactor. Like Noshiko, he came to BH because he’s some kind of self-appointed guardian. The names are just those recently dead by supernatural causes. The third might be a twist like Malia, revealing that the person we know isn’t actually Malia, but a ring-in. The real Malia is also a recently-dead victim, and probably died between 3B and S4.
- Claudia isn’t dead. She’s been watching over Stiles and is seriously pissed off he’s in danger from the supernatural. Allison and Aiden are keys because she thinks they were his friends. Sheriff might be the final key, because she’s pissed at him for letting this happen.
- Deucalion was all about getting power from killing other werewolves, and potentially other supernatural creatures. If you don’t have to be the person who does the killing directly, and can still inherit power (which is implied by Laura becoming alpha, and Peter goading Derek to sacrifice his alpha power), then the deadpool could be his new strategy for getting lots of power from dead supernaturals. In this scenario, Allison and Aiden are dead because of Scott (they are nominally Scott’s pack), and so their power should have gone to Scott, just like Duke said. It’s a kind of “I told you so.” This explains Scott’s strength now too, which has only manifested after their deaths. Duke is just hanging out, waiting to absorb all the power as the death count grows. The third key might not be of someone already dead, but a threat — Melissa, Kira, Liam, Stiles, Derek.
Could the Benefactor be someone powering up the Nemeton with supernatural sacrifices? The Deadpool is just a way to clear the board of all the supernatural creatures and reset the Nemeton?
We had that scene I want to say in 3b with a shadowy figure pullng out vegetation from the Nemeton, And to me it sort of looked like the shadowy figure in the vault stealing the money.
I like that theory a lot. I’m not sure who it would be, though. Jennifer was, supposedly, only repowering the nemeton in order to get her revenge. If she can get revenge directly through the deadpool it kind of negates that reason.
Deaton or Morrell could finally be making a move, but I can’t think of anyone else who is a contender for that particular plot.
I would be stoked if it was something along those lines, though.
I think you’ve cracked it
it’s dead representatives of the three factions in the war, the most recent fatalities
we talk over and over about the hale/argent war but for the most part we’re inside it’s bounds, and rarely look at it from the outside, but these are people who were killed as part of the war
even jennifer, she was clawed by kali as part of deucalion’s grab for power which was caused by gerard
in which case it’s a punishment, and Satomi’s chant might be exactly it, the sun, the moon and the truth, the hunters, the werewolves and the emissaries
but truth is subjective remember, truth is rarely fact, you can believe something blatantly wrong and it’s still true, so the “truth” of the emissaries might be as nebulous as the werewolve’s association with the moon
Okay, I’m going to be EXTREMELY fanciful for a moment, but God, can you even imagine:
They theorize/figure out that the third name is a deceased emissary. So it has to be Jennifer, right? But it isn’t.
Then they remember that her name as an emissary was Julia, so they try that. Again, nothing.
So then they’re stumped. Who else could it be? Then Lydia’s powers finally come through, and she hears the name.
Hesitant, unsure, she types it in: Claudia.
That would be a GREAT theory. One thing they didn’t have in common is what they were, and that may be..the thread connecting them. They’ve done this before, with the sacrifices, for instance.That’s exactly what I was writing in my meta this week about the episode! I definitely think that it is hunter, werewolf, emissary.athenadarkwe say time and time again about what is seen vs what is presented and I think this is exactly one of those moments. We are having these mantra chants almost shoved down our throats by various people. And then to find out that the lost is three fold I don’t think that could possibly be a coincidence. I had said about it being Jennifer because I agree with a lot of the meta saying that Malia could possibly be her or that Jennifer is still around. However I love the addition of the thought that it would be Claudia’s name. I mean holy heartbreak. And for everyone to finally realize stiles is more than he says he is or what they think he is.
Well if they dwell into this in the next episode of the 3rd keyword being Jennifer it would kind of make sense… not just because of the hunter, werewolf, emissary thing but also because Haley Webb (who played Jennifer) will be on Wolf Watch next week and we haven’t seen her since season 3a soo… it would be interesting to have a guest who hasn’t been on the show in a while make a “random” appearance on the talk show… so her name could very well be the 3rd keyword
there is a double whammy there
because it means it’s peoples stiles was responsible for, or at least feels responsible for, killing
You know it’s so funny. just as i was trying to go to sleep, i kept going over the theories for the keywords, because i just knew none of the ones i had written down felt like ‘the one’ you know. And i was thinking about what comes in threes and this popped into my head. but i was too tired to post it, but by god, i think this might be it. Congrats, nice one! ♥
i must admit i popped over to athenadark to see if she’d answered, and she had, so i’m not gonna try to claim the rest here as my own, just that i shared the initial idea as i drifted off to sleep last night.
basically we have to examine emissaries if this is the patteren, and preferably dead ones. the list is woefully short - Jennifer/Julia. Both Morell and Deaton are still alive, so they don’t fit the pattern.
numbuh12 suggested Claudia Stilnski might have been an emissary, and it’s a very cool idea. We know Deaton was the Hale pack emissary and Jennifer/Julia was Kali’s. Morell is Deucalion’s emissary. But this season we’re learning that there’s another pack as well in Beacon County - Satomi’s pack. What if Claudia was their emissary?
It would explain so much about the connection Stiles seems to have with the nemeton, his affinity for fancy work with mountain ash and why he so easily and readily offer advice to werewolves, like it’s second nature.
And as athenadark points out as well - if it’s claudia it’s also a loss of three people where Stiles feels presponsible for their deaths….
Oh, she’s awful. She said I was an absent male role model.
House Week - Favorite Relationship : House/Wilson
I need you, okay? I want you to be around as long as possible because I don’t know what I’m going to do without you
Rapunzel, Queen of Corona
“So,” Stiles starts, “What’s happening with your werewolfy powers and why is psycho uncle getting stronger?”
Derek sighs, “I don’t know.”
[based on the sneak peek for 4x06]